This is a flavorful way to jazz up boxed pudding mix. The finished product can be enjoyed on its own or used to fill cakes, top fruit or layer in a trifle.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 box of Godiva white chocolate vanilla bean pudding mix (good stuff, yum !)
- peel of 1 orange
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- candied oranges or other dried fruit and nuts for garnish.
- Add peel of 1 orange, 2 cinnamon sticks to 2 cups of milk and gently simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Cool the flavored milk completely.
- Strain the milk to remove peel and sticks.
- Mix in the pudding mixture, whisking vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Once the pudding starts to thicken, stir in orange zest and ground cinnamon (Use a spoon/spatula for this step–the zest will wrap into the wires of the whisk).
- Serve chilled with candied oranges and golden raisins. Nuts would taste really good too.