My MOM is in town and I have decided to give her break from the kitchen and treat her to different dinners each night. This is what I made the first night. It is so simple that I was almost skeptical–but we were both floored with the flavor. I HIGHLY recommend this recipe !
1 pound of red grapes
4 large shallots (about 10 ounces), peeled, halved through root end
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme plus 6 large sprigs
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar
2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Gently toss grape clusters, shallots, chopped thyme, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in large bowl to coat.
- Rub chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place thyme sprigs in slits cut into the chicken
- Place chicken in a baking pan; arrange grape mixture around chicken.
- Roast until the thickest part of chicken thigh cooks through and grapes are shriveled, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Half way through the baking process, drizzle the Balsamic Vinegar.
- Transfer chicken to platter; let rest 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, arrange grapes and shallots around chicken. Serve chicken with pan juices alongside.