These were completely experimental with whatever I had lying around the pantry. And they turned out great ! I will not lie, I surprised myself. And the best thing is that it is super quick and quite healthy. I would make these cute cookies for a baby shower or even a bridal shower !
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 cup rosewater
1/8 cup honey
1 Tbsp red sugar and some more for garnish (optional)
1.Wish together the honey and rosewater.
2. Beat in the egg and then the flour, baking powder and red sugar crystals. You can mix the dry ingredients separately and then add it to the wet ingredients. The red sugar gives the cookies a pretty pink hue.
3. Fill the batter in tha piping bag/a plastic bag and cut off the tip.
4. Pipe the batter in to 1″ round on a cookie sheet covered with a silicon mat. The good thing is that these cookies don’t spread that much so you can crowd the sheet and even make them bigger in size. But these cookies are ver delicate, both in taste and appearance so making then small is more aesthetic. Sprinkle the top with more red sugar.
5. Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 20-25min till golden brown on the bottom.
6. Enjoy with a cup of Earl Grey tea. Store in an air tight container for about a day or two. It will not go bad, but might get a little chewy.